- Alford brought to the position a number of distinctive skills. Perhaps most distinctive for this role was her rich love of storytelling and language. She is a prolific writer in her own right, and she has a genuine ear for story and viewpoint.~ John Jones, Editorial Director, The Crossroad Publishing Company
- Michelle helped me with a large project earlier this year. She has good instincts and very solid writing and editing skills. She's also a hard worker. I highly recommend her.~ Ira Shull, Writing Specialist and Consultant
- Ms. Alford is extremely bright, insightful, knowledgeable, and a diligent performer. She is currently editing a manuscript for me that I previously thought was in decent shape. I was wrong. Even though several people had previously read and edited the work, she has improved it dramatically.~ John Moore, Author
- I highly recommend Michelle for any endeavor for which she may be applying. I could count on her consistently providing quality product. Michelle also shows incredible strength in the area of organization. By delving into each assignment and prioritizing them according to importance, Michelle proves herself to be a true multi-tasker.~ Sanford Wilk, CEO, EIC Design
- Michelle Alford impressed the entire office with her intelligence, level of professionalism, and positive attitude. Her reliability and efficiency made her an asset to the Press. She is a very conscientious worker and is detail-oriented on every project she undertakes.~ Janice Geary, Marketing Manager, Harvard Common Press
Michelle has been working in the publishing business for eight years. She started her career editing novels for authors looking to polish their books before submitting them for publication. She’s since worked for numerous publishing companies, including Da Capo Press, MIT Press, Harvard Common Press, and Small Planet Communications. Currently she works as the content and social media manager for Body1, Inc.
Michelle received her master’s degree in Publishing and Writing from Emerson College. She’s published two short stories in small literary magazines and has recently completed her first novel.